The all-Russian program “Sanctity of Motherhood” is a pro-family movement created in 2006 for the formation in the public consciousness of the idea that relationships towards family, maternity, paternity and childhood are among the greatest values in life.
In 2016, the program celebrates its 10th anniversary.
Thanks to the work of the program, more than 50,000 children’s lives were saved.
Natalia Viktorovna Yakunina heads the program’s Board of Trustees.
The program is addressed to the medical, scientific, artistic and journalistic communities, as well as to parents, children, and student youth.
The main focuses of the “Sanctity of Motherhood” program include:
- Abortion prevention, supporting the protection of maternity centres, and training specialists in pre-abortion counselling;
- Development of the youth volunteer movement;
- Combining the efforts of the mass media, the advertising community, and online resources for the promotion of family values;
- Organization of international, national, and regional forums and expert discussion platforms, including training, roundtables and seminars;
- Participation in the formation of educational programs and publishing activities, including the introduction of training courses on the basics of family life, development and publication of textbooks for secondary schools, and publication of brochures on the various projects of the program;
- Hosting annual thematic art competitions that help express the idea of family values.
Projects being implemented as part of the program include: “You are not alone”, “Volunteer”, “Media” and “Contests”. The end of the year will be marked by the Forum of the All-Russian “Sanctity of Motherhood” Program, which is traditionally timed to coincide with Mother’s Day.
To date, the program has appeared at both the national and international levels:
- partnership agreements have been signed with 24 regions of the Russian Federation.
- In September 2014, Moscow hosted “the Large Family and the Future of Humanity” International Forum, which was attended by more than 1,500 people from 45 countries and 69 regions of Russia.
- In June 2015, the project was presented in Serbia. The project’s guidelines and fundamental documents were translated into Serbian and referred to the project’s partners for further study. In January 2016, operations began at two pilot sites: a clinic of obstetrics and gynaecology in Belgrade and a military medical academy, which serves military personnel and their families. Serbian representatives took an active part in the Fourth Forum of the “Sanctity of Motherhood” program in Kazan.
- In March 2015, training seminars for the project were held in the Republic of Belarus. More than 300 specialists took part in the training. Representatives from Belarus are regular participants in the program’s forums.